OUR MISSION: To empower Sikh children, young adults, and parents to understand and enjoy their identity and positively contribute to the social and economic development of Canada.
OUR VISION: A progressive, national organization enriching the lives of Canadian Sikh youth and families
OUR VALUES: The principles, which drive and underpin the attainment of this vision are:
- SIKH FAITH: At all times and in every action, we are committed to the philosophy and universal teachings as embodied in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
- EQUALITY: Sikh Gurus’ philosophy places great emphasis on the individual and treats everyone as equals, regardless of age, gender, race, or ethnic background. In this way, we respect all people, religions, and communities.
- INCLUSIVENESS: We aim to involve and engage all people, respecting everyone’s thoughts and beliefs, and upholding the integrity and worth of all people.
- BUILDING SOCIAL CAPITAL: We recognize the importance of holistic investment in our youth, they being the future of our faith, community, and nation. We value an environment that attracts and nurtures talent, leadership skills, creativity, and innovation to empower our youth to be successful and proud world citizens.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING & IMPROVEMENT: We place great importance in a continuous effort to improve, review, and expand our services by responding to feedback and addressing the needs of our community
- COMMITMENT TO CANADIAN IDEALS: We share upholds and respects Canadian values and ideals as embodied in the Canadian Charter of Rights and freedoms.
“Canadian society values respect for the freedom and dignity of the individual, freedom of religion, commitment to the rule of law, Parliamentary democracy, equality of men and women and a spirit of egalitarianism that embraces mutual respect, tolerance, fair play and compassion for those in need and pursuit of the public good. It values equality of opportunity for individuals, regardless of their race, religion or ethnic background”